Dr. Preethi Ramaswamy is a Board Certified Dermatologist who specializes in medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University, Boston, MA and graduated summa cum laude. She then completed a research internship at Harvard Medical School, Cutaneous Biology Research Center.
Dr. Ramaswamy graduated from Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH and completed her Dermatology residency at Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA. At Dartmouth Medical School she received several prestigious awards for clinical research to improve patient access to dermatologic services.
During her dermatology training, she developed many areas of interest including general medical dermatology, laser and cosmetic surgery, and dermatologic surgery. Dr. Ramaswamy is passionate about patient education and actively involved with the American Academy of Dermatology skin cancer screening programs.
At Garden State Dermatology we understand the importance of yearly skin checks to prevent skin cancers. We conduct several free skin cancer screening events in the community throughout the year. Garden State Dermatology also partners with major corporations in the community to perform free onsite cancer screenings. Please check our website and Facebook page for scheduled skin cancer screenings in your neighborhood.
• American Board of Dermatology
Education and training:
• Medical School – Dartmouth College
• Boston University Medical Center, Residency in Dermatology
- We accept all major insurances.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- We currently do not accept Medicaid. If we do not take your insurance and are considered out of network, our staff will assist you with billing and insurance documentation so that you can get reimbursed by submitting it to your insurance.
- If you do not have insurance we offer a fixed consultation rate of $150 per visit. This includes a visual evaluation by the physician, discussion of diagnosis & treatment options. This does not include any procedures which may require additional costs depending on the complexity of the procedure.